2018 Louisiana Seafood Cook-off Application and Guidelines
- Entrants must be an executive chef for an acclaimed free standing Louisiana restaurant. Restaurants associated with a luxury country club, resort or hotel are also eligible.
- Restaurant must be member of Louisiana Restaurant Association.
- Institutional chefs, i.e., food service distributors, hospitals, culinary school instructors, caterers or corporate chefs for chains having 10 or more restaurants are not eligible.
- Each chef will be responsible for plating six (6) entrées for judges with Louisiana seafood as the main protein.
- A hotel room will be offered for each competing chef the night of the competition. Chefs are responsible for their remaining travel and ingredients costs. Those traveling from more than 100 miles away will be eligible for a $100 travel stipend.
- There are a twelve (12) spots available and entry forms will be accepted until Friday, April 13, 2018.
- Please submit a one minute video (maximum) of why you would be a great competitor. Additionally, tell us why you would make a great King or Queen of Louisiana Seafood. Your application and video must be submitted electronically (email@example.com) or mailed (via FedEx or UPS) to the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board at 1051 N. Third St, Room 327, Baton Rouge, LA, 70802 by April 13, 2018.
- All submissions will be reviewed and selected by a committee of the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board. Contestants will be notified of their eligibility by Friday, May 4, 2018.
Do you currently have Louisiana or gulf seafood on your menu: □ Yes □ No
Are you a member of the Louisiana Restaurant Association: □ Yes □ No
What do you love about cooking with Louisiana seafood?
Anything else you would like to tell us about why you would be a great competitor? (Recognition, awards, news stories, your personal journey)