Courtesy of Hoffman Media.
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 (4 oz.) package diced pancetta
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 6 (7 oz.) amberjack fillets
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning, such as Slap Ya Mama
- Rémoulade sauce
- 2 (16 oz.) baguettes, sliced into 3 pieces each, split
- Garnish: 1/2 cup sliced green onion
1.) In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add pancetta, corn, onion, bell pepper, celery, thyme, and 1 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Add garlic and tomato, and cook 8 to 10 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 tsp. salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Set aside.
2.) Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Brush fillets with olive oil, and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
3.) Grill fish, turning once, until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes.
4.) Spread desired amount of rémoulade on 1 baguette piece. Add 1 fillet, and top with about 1/3 cup corn mixture. Repeat with remaining baguette pieces, rémoulade, corn mixture, and fillets.