Courtesy of Hoffman Media.
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leeks
- 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 12 fresh select oysters, shucked
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1.) Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until browned and crisp. Let drain on paper towels. In same pan with bacon drippings, add leek and garlic, and cook, stirring, until soft, 1 to 2 minutes.
2.) Add wine and lemon juice, scraping any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Cook until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes; stir in cream, and cook until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter.
3.) Arrange ceramic oyster dishes on a small rimmed baking sheet, and add an oyster to each. Top with bacon and 1 tablespoon cream sauce. Cover with bread crumb mixture. Bake until crumbs are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Top with Gremolata, and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
1.) In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Use immediately.