Courtesy of Louisiana Cookin'.
- 1 lb. jumbo lump Louisiana crabmeat
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 2 Tbsp. red onion
- 1 large, ripe tomato
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, or to taste
1.) Check the crabmeat for shell pieces and clean as needed. Place in a medium-sized bowl.
2.) Seed the jalapeño, depending upon the heat you prefer – the more white ribbing left, the hotter the dish will be. Mince finely along with onion.
3.) Cut the outer flesh away from the tomato, discarding pulp and seeds. Dice finely.
4.) Add the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt and pepper.
5.) Gently toss and check seasoning. Serve in a chilled martini glass.