Courtesy of Jesus Varguez, Roux Louisiana Kitchen.
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Leaves from 3 stems thyme, minced
- Leaves from 3 stems rosemary, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1 package of your favorite gnocchi, cooked according to package direction
1.) Heat the oil in a large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, garlic, thyme, and rosemary and cook until shallots are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the white wine and increase the heat to high.
2.) Cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the cream, reduce the heat to low, and cook until cream is reduced, about 10 minutes.
3.) Add the crawfish tails and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with gnocchi and serve.