Courtesy of Louisiana Seafood.
- 3 lbs. Louisiana shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail off
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 cup shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup ginger, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Jalapeño, no seeds, minced
- 3 sticks lemongrass, split in half
- 1 1/2 cups carrot, julienne
- 2 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup mango, diced
- 24 oz. rice vermicelli noodles, cooked according to directions on package
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
1.) Heat medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add peanut oil, shallots, ginger, garlic, jalapeño and lemongrass stalk. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add carrot julienne and Louisiana shrimp and sauté an additional minute. Add coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice and diced mango. Cook for 2-3 more minutes. Remove lemongrass stalk.
2.) Add rice noodles, basil, cilantro and mint to pan and toss. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
3.) Serve in bowls, dividing shrimp, noodles and broth evenly.