Courtesy of Hoffman Media.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 pint Louisiana oysters, drained (reserve 1/2 cup liquid)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 cup sherry
- Fresh thyme leaves
1.) In a medium nonstick saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat; add green onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add flour, stirring constantly, until combined. Gradually add chicken broth and oyster liquid. Add bay leaf, thyme and cayenne and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add oysters, artichokes, and parsley; cook until oysters curl around edges, about 10 minutes.
2.) Stir in half-and-half and sherry and cook until thoroughly heated. Remove bay leaf before serving. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves, if desired.
Note: If freezing, replace oyster liquid with chicken broth, and add oysters when reheating.