Courtesy of LSU's Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- 1 1/2 lbs. jumbo or large Louisiana shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 bell peppers, preferably different colors, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchinis, cut into 1/2 inch round slices
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch round slices
- 8 oz. whole mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 oz. prepared pesto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
These can be cooked on a grill or baked in the oven.
Grilling: Preheat grill for medium heat;
Baking: Preheat oven to 350ºF
1.) Spray baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
2.) Alternately thread vegetables and shrimp onto skewers; try to use at least one piece of each vegetable and a few shrimp on each skewer.
3.) Place assembled skewers in baking dish or pan and brush each skewer on all sides with pesto. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4.) To grill, cook skewers on the preheated grill until vegetables are tender and shrimp are cooked; turning occasionally, 10 – 15 minutes. To bake, cook skewers uncovered for 10 – 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and shrimp are cooked.
5.) Serve with Quinoa, Brown and Wild Rice Mix, or Couscous.
Per Serving: 1 Kebab (167.1g)
1.7g Sat. Fat