Courtesy of Debbie Guidry-Gauthier.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper (1/2 red & 1/2 green)
- 2 large cans, whole kernel corn
- 2 large cans, cream style corn
- 3 pints heavy cream
- 32 oz. container chicken broth
- 2 tsp. salt (more may need to be added)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. of any Cajun seasoning
- 1 lb. white Louisiana crabmeat
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined Louisiana shrimp (or crawfish)
- 3 or 4 tbsp. cornstarch, mixed with cold water
- 1 Tbsp. onion tops
- 1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
1.) In an 8 qt. stockpot, melt butter on a low to medium heat; add onions and bell peppers, sauté until transparent.
2.) Add whole corn, cook 20 minutes.
3.) Add cream corn, cook 10 minutes stirring frequently.
4.) Add cream, chicken broth and seasonings, cook 20 minutes.
5.) Add seafood and cook for 15 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked.
6.) Slowly add cornstarch mixture, until desired consistency is reached.
7.) Add parsley flakes and onion tops, cook 5 minutes.
8.) Serve hot.