Courtesy of Suzanne Bourgeois.
- 3 cups uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb. raw Louisiana shrimp, your favorite size
- Salt, to taste
- Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning, to taste
- Lemon pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. carton fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1 lb. lump Louisiana crabmeat
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, minced
1.) Cook the rice according to the package directions.
2.) In a large Dutch oven, melt the butter. Add the olive oil and sauté the shrimp for 5 to 7 minutes.
3.) Season the shrimp with salt, Tony Chachere’s, and lemon pepper while they are cooking. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
4.) Sauté the onion, peppers, celery, mushrooms and garlic for 5 to 9 minutes. Add the Rotel tomatoes and the bay leaves. Cook for 10 more minutes.
5.) Return the shrimp to the pot and add the crawfish tails; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the crabmeat, green onions, and parsley. Mix in cooked rice, adjust seasonings, and remove from heat.
6.) Let stand about 5 minutes before serving (for the flavors to marry). Serve hot.