Courtesy of Hoffman Media.
- 1 gallon cold water
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 2 Tbsp. black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp. celery seed
- 1 Tbsp. fennel seed
- 3 ears corn, shucked and halved
- 1 small sweet onion, quartered
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 lb. large fresh Louisiana shrimp
- White remoulade
In a large pot, combine water, potatoes, bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns, celery seed, and fennel seed. Bring to a boil over medium high heat; cook 15 minutes. Add corn, onion, lemons, and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add shrimp; reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Drain and serve immediately with remoulade.