Courtesy of Louisiana Cookin'.
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms (about 1 lb.)
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. peeled, deveined, and cooked Louisiana shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 oz. parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 4 to 8 whole peeled, deveined, and cooked Louisiana shrimp, (21 to 25 count)
- Fresh parsley or basil sprigs (optional)
1.) Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2.) Wipe mushrooms with a clean, damp cloth or paper towel. Remove mushroom stems and chop them coarsely; set aside.
3.) In a large skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, and chopped mushroom stems in hot butter for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in chopped shrimp, breadcrumbs, egg, lemon juice, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until shrimp turn opaque.
4.) Place portobello caps, stem sides up, on a baking sheet. Divide shrimp mixture among portobello caps. Sprinkle with cheese.
5.) Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.