Courtesy of Hoffman Media.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, tough stems removed and leaves chopped
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (32-ounce) containers vegetable broth
- 3 (15.5-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb. extra-large fresh Louisiana shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Champagne vinegar
- Flat leaf parsley
1.) In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, fennel, and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add kale and tomatoes and cook until kale is tender, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Add wine; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2.) Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in broth and cannellini beans. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add shrimp, rosemary, salt and peppers; cook 5 to 7 minutes more. Stir in vinegar. Garnish with parsley, if desired.