Courtesy of Louisiana Cookin'.
- 1/2 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10 oz. box spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 lb. Louisiana crabmeat (white or claw)
- 1/3 block of Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, cubed
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Bruci’s Blend, to taste
1.) On medium to high heat, sauté first 4 ingredients in olive oil; lower fire to a simmer and add cream cheese and sour cream; blend until melted.
2.) Add spinach and crabmeat and stir gently for about 10 to 15 minutes. Add Monterey Jack Cheese and cover pot to let cheese melt.
3.) Fold in artichoke hearts and check seasonings.
4.) Once thoroughly heated, transfer to chafing dish and top with parmesan cheese and serve with crackers or garlic pita chips.